Recipe: Appetizing Split Pea Soup (crockpot)
Split Pea Soup (crockpot).
You can cook Split Pea Soup (crockpot) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup (crockpot)
- Prepare 1 of meaty Ham bone.
- Prepare 1 lb of bag dry split Peas.
- It’s 6 of cups Water.
- You need 1 large of Onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 stick of Celery, sliced.
- It’s 5 of or 6 Chicken bullion cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of Thyme, Garlic powder and Black pepper, each.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red pepper.
- You need 1 of bag mini Carrots.
Split Pea Soup (crockpot) instructions
- Slice meat from ham bone, remove visible fat. Add bone and meat to crockpot..
- Add 6 cups water, and rest of ingredients except carrots..
- Cover and cook on high 5 hrs..
- Meanwhile cook carrots separately until soft..
- After 5 hrs remove bone from pot, break up big chunks of meat, then add cooked carrot..
- Serve with bread & butter..