Ham and Potato Soup.
You can cook Ham and Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and Potato Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, diced.
- You need 1 medium of carrot, diced.
- Prepare 1 of rib celery, diced.
- It’s 8 oz of smoked ham, diced.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of cayenne pepper (optional).
Ham and Potato Soup instructions
- Melt butter in a stockpot over medium heat until golden brown. Stir in carrot, celery, onion, ham, and garlic; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes, until the vegetables soften and the onions are translucent..
- Stir in flour; cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, 1 cup at a time. Add water and stir to combine. Turn the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Simmer on medium low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Taste the soup for salt and add more if necessary. Stir in potatoes; cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Skim fat if desired..
- With a potato masher, mash the soup a few times, leaving plenty of whole chunks of potato. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add cayenne if desired, and add cream. Stir to combine and heat through..