How to Cook Tasty Tom Kha Soup
Tom Kha Soup. This tom kha soup recipe (or Thai coconut chicken soup) is absolutely perfect. Authentic Tom Kha Gai – a simple delicious recipe for one of Thailand's most popular soups! This authentic recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is full of amazing flavor and can be.
Literally translated, tom kha gai means "chicken galangal soup." It's made from chicken lightly. Tom Kha Soup – the EASIEST recipe for Tom Kha Gai or Thai coconut chicken soup with chicken, mushroom and coconut milk, and even better than restauarants. Thai Chicken Coconut Soup (Tom Kha Gai). You can cook Tom Kha Soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tom Kha Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of peanut or sesame oil.
- You need 2 large of shallots thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 3 clove of chopped garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of red curry paste.
- You need 1 tsp of lemongrass paste*.
- Prepare 6 cup of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 6 of whole dried porcini mushrooms**.
- You need 1 dash of soy sauce/Braggs amino acid.
- Prepare 2 bunch of upon noodles.
- You need 1 packages of soft or silken tofu cubed.
- You need 1 packages of sugar snap peas.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes cut into wedges.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sweet cooking mirin.
- Prepare 2 large of limes – juice only.
This classic chicken and coconut soup gets its rich and dynamic flavor from quintessential Thai ingredients: coconut milk, lemongrass. An homage to the greatest soup there is. Tom Kha Soup updated their cover photo. An easy, dairy-free, lightened up version of Thai coconut soup made with coconut milk, ginger, spices and veggies.
Tom Kha Soup step by step
- Start by heating a large pan with sesame oil on medium, sauté shallot, ginger and, garlic until translucent and fragrant. 3-5 min..
- Add curry paste and lemongrass paste* then sauté for about 30 seconds or until fragrant..
- Stir in vegetable stock, coconut milk, and dried mushrooms**. Next add Braggs amino acids or soy sauce to taste. Bring to a boil then put on low and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes..
- While soup is simmering cook udon noodles according to package instructions in a separate pan, rinse and hold in cold water until ready to serve..
- Turn heat on soup to mid-low and add in tofu and peas. Allow to cook until heated through but peas should still be crisp. Turn heat back to simmer and add in tomato wedges, lime juice, mirin, basil and cilantro. Cook for about a minute longer until tomatoes are warmed but not moosh and turn heat off..
- Remove dried mushrooms from broth, taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve hot over drained upon noodles..
- *Lemongrass stalks can be used instead of paste. Just crush 3 stalks and score them with a knife then add them with the broth and remove before serving..
- **Fresh mushrooms can be added alternatively or combined with dried. Cut into quarters or half and add at the same time or a little before the tomatoes, depending on how cooked you like them..
- This is a super versatile dish I use frozen peas when fresh sugar snaps aren't available, and sub rice for the noodles. Of course you could add or take away any veggies you wanted as well as leave out the coconut milk. This dish is not spicy unless the red curry paste used has spice, I love to add heaps of red pepper flakes in my bowl..
Tom Kha or Tom Kha Gai is a coconut milk based thai soup. To make this vegan tom kha gai soup is really easy. Beans and Greens Soup with Harissa. Creamy Coconut and Spring Vegetable Soup. The Tom Kha Soup is a cooking recipe.