Recipe: Tasty Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Bean Soup. Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite foods to come home to on a chilly day. This "no-soaking required" Ham and Bean soup takes just minutes to prepare and cooks effortlessly in your Crock Pot all day long! Dinner is ready when you are!
Nana's Epic Navy Bean Ham Bone Soup Recipe: A simple, yet utterly tempting, ham and bean soup recipe is a great way to use your leftover holiday ham bone. Navy beans or cannellini beans would work well in this soup; just test a bean for doneness at the end of the cook time to make sure they are tender. This ham and bean soup is one of my favorite pressure cooker recipes! You can have Ham and Bean Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- Prepare 1 of Ham bone with some meat still on.
- It’s 1 lb of Navy or Northern dry beans.
- You need 1 large of carrot, chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 of Celery stalks with leafy tops, chopped.
- It’s 1 of water.
- It’s 1 of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 of parsley.
This Instant Pot soup tastes like it cooked all day, but it's ready in less than two hours! Big thanks to Hurst's Beans for sponsoring this post. Ham and Bean Soup – a homestyle, hearty and delicious soup that couldn't be easier to make! It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover Ham and bean soup was one of my mom's go-to dinners growing up.
Ham and Bean Soup step by step
- Soak beans in water overnight. Rinse and set to soak again for 2 hours in baking soda water..
- Add everything to a stock pot and cook over low heat atleast 4.5 hours..
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh parsley..
Almost every single Sunday she made roast beef or ham and so of course when. Ham Hock and bean soup in Instant Pot, Crock pot or slow cooker. But when you make ham and bean soup in the Instant Pot, you'll be in for a real treat! The time to make a huge batch like this is literally under an hour and a half, but without sacrificing flavor and texture. Can I Freeze Ham and Bean Soup?