Recipe: Perfect Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup
Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup. This soup simmering on your stove will fill the whole house with the most tantalizing aromas. By the time that you ladle it out, your family (or guests) will likely be standing in line! I adapted the recipe from a Hungarian cookbook.
You don't need to soak the beans ahead Cooking Dried Beans: You can pre-cook beans to keep on hand or freeze for later. This easy pressure cooker ham and bean soup recipe makes the perfect comfort food dinner. We enjoy spending hours researching, testing, and tasting recipes together in our kitchen. You can cook Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Pinto Beans (dry) (Soaked and rinsed).
- You need 1 of Large Onion (Washed and sliced thick).
- You need 1 lb of Cubed Ham.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- You need 6-10 of Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Skip or use less if using Broth).
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Dried Ground Thyme (Or 2-3 tsp Fresh Thyme).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Parsley.
- It’s 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 10-12 cup of Water And/Or Chicken Broth.
- It’s of Fresh Baby Spinach for garnish (Optional).
Making Smoky Ham Hock and Pinto Bean Soup in an Instant Pot. Spicy Pinto Bean Soup with Ham, Tomatoes, and CilantroKalyn's Kitchen. Pressure Cooker Smoky Ham Hock and Pinto Bean SoupPressure Cooking Today. Pinto Bean Soup – chunky, hearty and flavorful, very simple to make and great for lunch or dinner.
Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup instructions
- Melt Butter in a big soup pot, over Medium heat..
- Add Onion..
- Add spices, except for the Bay Leaf. Stir well..
- When the onions begin to soften, add the Ham. Stir well. Cook and stir for about 5 mins..
- Add the 12 cups of water and the Bouillon Cubes. (For a thicker soup, use 10 cups of water and 5 Bouillon Cubes).
- Add the Pinto Beans. Stir, and turn up heat to Medium High..
- Heat until boiling. Cover and turn heat down to Medium Low..
- Simmer for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Add Bay Leaf about a half an hour before cooking is finished..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
This Pinto Bean Soup is hearty, chunky and nutritious. Great for lunch on its own or a side dish for Instead of bacon, you can use smoked turkey leg or ham. Adding smoked meats works great in this. This crock pot pinto beans and ham is a slow cooker dump and start recipe. RESOURCES TO MAKE Slow Cooker Pinto Beans and Ham recipe and more.