Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup. Being that I'm not a soup fan, I was somewhat hesitant. but this thick and hearty soup quickly won my praise. It will quickly become a favorite recipe! Chickpeas or garbanzo beans are definitely among my favorite foods.
Taste and season with. serve hot. The Best Garbanzo Bean Soup Recipes on Yummly Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe: Try this Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe, or contribute your own. You can cook Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup
- Prepare 4 leaves of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rendered pork fat pieces caramelized.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- It’s 6 cups of water for soaking.
- It’s 12 ounces of dried Garbanzo beans.
- You need 2 tablespoons of saffron flowers not the stems.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 of large limes.
When I saw this recipe for Garbanzo bean soup over at Kalyn's Kitchen, I knew that I had to make it immediately. 병아리콩, 햄과 토마토를 이용해 끓이는 수프입니다. 햄대신 소시지를 이용하고 감자를 추가해도 맛이 좋습니다. This soup cooked with chickpeas, ham and tomatoes. Remove the ham and beef bones. PIN Garbanzo Bean Soup to try it later!
Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup step by step
- Render the fat from some pork pieces pour the drippings aside for another recipe..
- Wash and look over the beans boil in 6 cups of water for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and soak for an hour. Drain..
- Add 6 cups of water to the beans with the caramelized pork fat pieces some of this has a lot of meat on it. Bring to a boil in the same pot you rendered the pork fat it should have pork bits in bottom. Deglaze with the water..
- Bring to a boil add the bay leaves, parsley, cilantro, onions, saffron flowers, and ham. When it boil turn on low cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the salt, white pepper powder, and ground cumin. Cover and simmer longer..
- After 1 hour add the juices of 1 lime.
- Add soup to a bowl, slice the second lime for a good squeeze of juice. I hope you enjoy!!.
I started with dried beans and a bit of skepticism as I added onions, garlic, and chicken stock to the crockpot with cumin and a few bay leaves, but after cooking all day on low, the beans were softened and smelling great. The Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe out of our category Vegetable Soup! This simple soup is made with garbanzo beans, potatoes & savory sausage and is just bursting with deliciousness! This soup is a staple in the Tampa Bay Area. Now let me say y'all this is my version of this soup. (This is my disclaimer for all the die hards -lol) Some people use Chorizo and ham and it is.