Recipe: Tasty Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed Pepper Soup.
You can cook Stuffed Pepper Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- You need 1 of 15 oz can tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It’s 2 can of diced tomatoes (I used Hunt's cans of basil, garlic, and oregano seasoned diced tomatoes).
- Prepare 1 cup of brown or white rice (I used brown).
- You need 1 of 14 oz can of beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of oregano flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 of to 2 cups of water.
Stuffed Pepper Soup step by step
- Brown and season the ground turkey with salt and pepper. Put in crock pot when finished..
- Seed and dice both of the peppers and the onion. Add to the crock pot..
- Add both cans of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef broth to the crock pot..
- Add the rice, oregano, basil, and parsley to the crock pot..
- Mix everything thoroughly..
- Cook on HIGH 4-6 hours..
- Add water (or more broth!) to the soup while it is cooking and thickening if you would like a runnier soup. (The rice will really expand and suck up a lot of liquid!).