Pumpkin and Cauliflower Soup.
You can have Pumpkin and Cauliflower Soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin and Cauliflower Soup
- You need 14 oz. of Pumpkin.
- You need 1 can of Coconut milk, light.
- You need 8 oz of cauliflower florets.
- It’s 6 oz of carrot.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- You need 1/4 oz of cilantro.
- It’s 1 t of coriander, ground.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock concentrate.
- Prepare 2 T of oil.
Pumpkin and Cauliflower Soup step by step
- Boil the water & Roast the cauliflower: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a medium pot of water with a large pinch of salt to a boil. Toss the cauliflower on a baking sheet with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper, and half the coriander. Roast the cauliflower for 30-35 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking, until golden brown..
- Cook the pumpkin & Prep the veggies: Add the pumpkin to the boiling water and cook 25-30 minutes, until very tender. Peel and finely dice the carrot. Halve, peel, and dice the shallot. Thinly slice the garlic. Chop the cilantro..
- Heat another Tablespoon of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, carrot, and remaining coriander and cook, tossing, for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook an additional 1 minute, until fragrant..
- Add the coconut milk to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes..
- Mash the pumpkin: Meanwhile, drain the pumpkin and return to the same pot. Mash with a fork or potato masher until as smooth as possible. Add the stock concentrate and 1 cup water to the pot and mash until completely smooth..
- Finish the soup: Add the pumpkin mixture to the pot with the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring up to a simmer, then taste and season with salt and pepper..
- When the cauliflower is ready, divide the soup between bowls and place the cauliflower florets in the middle of each bowl. Garnish with the cilantro and enjoy!.