Mulligatawny Pepper Water Soup.
You can cook Mulligatawny Pepper Water Soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mulligatawny Pepper Water Soup
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, chopped.
- It’s 1 of celery rib, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices.
- Prepare 1 of medium green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- It’s 1 of serrano or other hot green chile, seeded and minced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of hot or mild curry powder.
- You need 5 cups of vegetable broth, homemade or store-bought, or water.
- You need 1 of ⁄2 cup red lentils, picked over, rinsed, and drained.
- It’s of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of ⁄3 cup brown basmati rice.
- You need 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of Granny Smith apple, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 of ⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish.
Mulligatawny Pepper Water Soup instructions
- 1. In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and chile. Cover and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in the ginger and curry powder and cook, uncovered, for 1 minute. Add the broth and lentils, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes..
- 2. When the soup is done, season with the salt and black pepper to taste. Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender or in a blender or food processor, in batches if necessary, and return to the pot. Add the rice and cook over medium heat until tender, about 30 minutes..
- 3. Add the coconut milk, apple, and lemon juice. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with cilantro..
- You can visit http://allveganrecipe.com/5-vegan-dessert-recipes-with-chocolate/ to see vegan recipes chocolate.