Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu.
You can have Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu
- Prepare of Crispy tofu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 package (250 g) of extra firm tofu, cubed.
- You need of Soup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and minced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Thai red curry paste.
- Prepare 2.5 cups of boiling water.
- It’s 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of vegetable bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced, halved.
- It’s 2 tsp of sambal oelek (optional, or sub with other mild hot sauce).
- Prepare 2 of small heads of bok choy.
- You need 125 g of instant noodles.
- Prepare of Optional toppings.
- You need of Sliced green onions.
- You need of Fresh basil.
- It’s of Roasted crushed peanuts.
- Prepare of Sliced red chilli.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Coconut milk to drizzle on top.
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu step by step
- Add coconut oil and tofu to a pan on medium heat. Don’t agitate the tofu or flip it too soon because it will just crumble. Let it crisp up and after a few minutes, the tofu will become easier to flip..
- In a large pot on high heat, add the oil, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes, adding splashes of water to deglaze the pan whenever needed. Then, add the curry paste, stirring and cook thoroughly for another minute..
- While cooking the paste, continue to flip the tofu as needed. When tofu is cooked, set aside..
- To a large pot, add the boiling water, coconut milk, bouillon cubes, red bell pepper, soy sauce, and sambal. Stir until fully incorporated, and let it simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add bok choy and noodles and let it simmer for another 3 minutes. We don’t want to over cook the noodles!.
- Add tofu before serving. Once mixed in, serve, and garnish with toppings..