Recipe: Yummy Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu.
You can have Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu
- Prepare of Crispy tofu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 package (250 g) of extra firm tofu, cubed.
- You need of Soup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and minced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Thai red curry paste.
- Prepare 2.5 cups of boiling water.
- It’s 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of vegetable bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced, halved.
- It’s 2 tsp of sambal oelek (optional, or sub with other mild hot sauce).
- Prepare 2 of small heads of bok choy.
- You need 125 g of instant noodles.
- Prepare of Optional toppings.
- You need of Sliced green onions.
- You need of Fresh basil.
- It’s of Roasted crushed peanuts.
- Prepare of Sliced red chilli.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Coconut milk to drizzle on top.
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu step by step
- Add coconut oil and tofu to a pan on medium heat. Don’t agitate the tofu or flip it too soon because it will just crumble. Let it crisp up and after a few minutes, the tofu will become easier to flip..
- In a large pot on high heat, add the oil, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes, adding splashes of water to deglaze the pan whenever needed. Then, add the curry paste, stirring and cook thoroughly for another minute..
- While cooking the paste, continue to flip the tofu as needed. When tofu is cooked, set aside..
- To a large pot, add the boiling water, coconut milk, bouillon cubes, red bell pepper, soy sauce, and sambal. Stir until fully incorporated, and let it simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add bok choy and noodles and let it simmer for another 3 minutes. We don’t want to over cook the noodles!.
- Add tofu before serving. Once mixed in, serve, and garnish with toppings..