Easiest Way to Make Perfect Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup
Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup.
You can cook Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup
- Prepare 1 cup of Arhar/ tur dal.
- Prepare 1 of onion,thin sliced.
- It’s 1 of tomato/ deseeded & small diced.
- You need 2 of whole dry red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup step by step
- Wash & soak the arhar/toor dal..
- Put it into pressure cooker & add salt, turmeric powder & water..
- Cook it in for 3-4 whistles.Let the pressure settle down..
- Add 1 tsp of mustard oil in a kadai.Once the oil is hot, add whole dry red chillies,mustard seeds, asafoerida & let them crackle..
- Add the onions & fry until it becomes translucent..
- Add ginger paste, tomatoes & cook for 2 mints till the raw smell of ginger goes away..
- Add salt,sugar, turmeric powder, red chlli powder,dhania powder & give a nice mix..
- Add the boiled dal, water according to your preferable consistency & let it boil..
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves,lemon juice & switch off the flame..
- Transfer the Utter Pradesh style Arhar Dal into a serving bowl & serve hot with steamed rice, pickle,papad & enjoy..