Easiest Way to Make Yummy Purple Cabbage soup
Purple Cabbage soup.
You can have Purple Cabbage soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Purple Cabbage soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of moong.
- Prepare 3 cups of purple cabbage, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame seed oil, preferably.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 1 tsp of methi seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of asafoetida (hing).
- You need 1.2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onions, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of bell pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of green chillies.
- You need 2 inches of ginger, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom freshly powdered.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cloves, ground.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon, freshly ground.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro.
- You need 2 tbsp of cashew nuts.
Purple Cabbage soup instructions
- Make a checklist. Collect all required ingredients; keep the ingredients within your reach.
- Cook moong with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker..
- Prepare the coconut paste. Blend coconut, ginger, garlic, green chiles and cilantro with water in a blender to make the paste In a heavy saucepan, over medium heat, temper mustard, fennel and asafetida. Sauté onions- about 3 minutes; stir in kasthuri methi, methi, turmeric powder, and curry leaves., about 2 minutes. Add the cooked moong. Add 4 cups of water, bring it to boil, add cabbage and bell pepper; then simmer the heat cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the pastes to the vegetables cooking in the saucepan, whisk; bring the soup to boil. Turn of the heat. Add coconut milk, whisk. If the soup is too thick, add boiling water. Salt to taste. Stir in cardamom, Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg powders. Garnish with cashews; Taste before serving to make sure that the soup meets with your approval.