Easiest Way to Make Yummy Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup)
Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup).
You can have Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup)
- You need 2 tsp of Canola oil.
- You need 1 cup of Sliced Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Minced Peeled Fresh Ginger.
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic, Minced.
- You need 1 of 3-inch Stalk Lemongrass, Halved Lengthwise.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sambel Oelek (ground fresh chile paste).
- You need 3 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Coconut Milk.
- It’s 4 tsp of Fish Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded Cooked Chicken Breast (about 8 ounces).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green Onion Strips.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chopped Fresh Cilantro.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chile paste; cook 1 minute..
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer..
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated..
- Discard lemongrass. Top with onions, cilantro, and juice..