Cow legs pepper soup. Peppered cow leg or cow foot, this recipe is another delicious way to cook cow leg apart adding it to stew or pepper soup. Cow foot is also called bokoto in Nigeria. Peppered cow leg is great to entertain friends with and it can be eaten as a complete meal too.
Ki saka cokalin karfe daga can kasa yanda zai yi saurin dahuwa. Luckily our very own pepper soup, loved by many, is here to the rescue. Even after eating, it leaves a lingering sweet aroma that continues to remind you of the food love you've missed all these times. You can have Cow legs pepper soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cow legs pepper soup
- Prepare 1/2 of cow leg.
- Prepare 1 of medium size onion.
- It’s 2 of thumb size ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 2 spoon of fresh pepper.
- Prepare cubes of Seasoning.
- You need Cup of water enough to almost cover the meat.
- You need of Spices.
Watch how to make the African Peppersoup here: This pepper soup is suitable for all seasons of the year, and it will also add a little more zing to your day if you are not. Others include Goat Meat Pepper Soup, Cow Leg Pepper Soup and Assorted Beef Pepper Soup. In Nigeria, people usually go to exclusive bars or restaurants to eat the pepper soup and cool off with Palm Wine. This is because this Nigerian food recipe is believed to be prepared with 'secret'.
Cow legs pepper soup step by step
- First pressure cook the cow leg with water, 1 seasoning cube, salt, a pinch of thyme and curry. Once the pot starts wheezing, wait for 10 minutes (Depending on your pressure cooker) before turning off the heat. 2. Pound the ginger together with onion, pepper, the remaining seasoning cube, then stir fry for about a minute with another pinch of thyme. 3. Add the pressure cooked soft cow leg and stock, then stir. Check for salt and general taste. Cover and leave to simmer for about 2 minutes,.
- Let the taste and aroma of the meat and sauce come together and mesmerize you and neighbours. 4. Satisfied with the salt, turn off the heat and just drop into the pot, your scent leaves and stir for the last.
The Nigerian Pepper soup is a popular Nigerian soup recipe. It is such a versatile recipe as it can be prepared with different types of meat and fish. Thus there is the Chicken Pepper Soup, the Catfish Pepper Soup (popularly known as Point & Kill), the Goat Meat Pepper Soup, the Cow Foot Pepper. Nigerian Pepper Soup is a broth-like savory and spicy soup made with assorted meat/fish/poultry and some "hot" local spices. This is one of the sought after Nigerian oups and is usually named based on the type of meat (protein)used in cooking it.