Recipe: Yummy Zenzai (Sweet Red Bean Soup) in the Pressure Cooker!
Zenzai (Sweet Red Bean Soup) in the Pressure Cooker!.
You can cook Zenzai (Sweet Red Bean Soup) in the Pressure Cooker! using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zenzai (Sweet Red Bean Soup) in the Pressure Cooker!
- You need 300 grams of Dried adzuki beans.
- Prepare 700 ml of Water for boiling.
- It’s 250 grams of Raw cane sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 3 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1200 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Cut mochi.
Zenzai (Sweet Red Bean Soup) in the Pressure Cooker! step by step
- Rinse the adzuki beans with water to remove any dirt or debris. Drain in a colander..
- Put 700 ml water in a pressure cooker and add the adzuki beans..
- Without covering, bring to a boil for 4-5 minutes, then drain out the water (the beans are too astringent; draining out the water will remove the astringency)..
- Completely drain the beans and place in a colander..
- Add 1200 ml of water and the beans from Step 4 to the pressure cooker and cover with the lid. Once the pressure rises and the pot starts to steam, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, then let it sit until the pressure drops..
- Once the pressure drops, remove the lid and gradually mix in the sugar in three batches. Next, add the salt and honey, and simmer until the beans become thick (cook the beans until you can crush them between your fingers)..
- Line a grill with aluminium foil, then quickly grill the mochi and add it to individual servings of zenzai for a delicious touch! The zenzai can be frozen. I recommend dividing it into individual servings before freezing..