Recipe: Tasty Gungu Peas Soup
Gungu Peas Soup.
You can cook Gungu Peas Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gungu Peas Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 of pound. stew beef bone ( with meat on it ) or cubed stew beef.
- You need 1 of pound. salted pigs tail.
- It’s 2 of cup. gungu peas green (dried or frozen can be used).
- It’s 3 of to 4 sprig of thyme.
- You need 2 stalks of scallion.
- Prepare 8 of pimento (all spice) seeds.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of black pepper.
- You need 4 quart of water.
- Prepare 3 of medium small irish potatoes peeled and cubed..
- Prepare 2 of scotch bonnett peppers.
- You need 2 of garlic pegs (crushed).
- You need 1/4 cup of carrots, cubed (optional).
- It’s 1 pound of yellow yam cut up (optional).
- It’s 1 of flour for dumplings (optional).
Gungu Peas Soup instructions
- Soak peas in cold water (preferably overnight).
- Soak salted pigtail in cold water to remove salt (overnight).
- Place the pigtail, beef, gungu peas, in a large sauce pan with boiling water. (optional use with pressure cooker to save time).
- Simmer for about 2 hours or until means and meat are tender. A pressure cooker takes 30 minutes. Then transfer to a large sauce pan..
- Add the yam, potatoes, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, pimento, scotch bonnet peppers dumplings and hot peppers..
- Stir the soup and simmer for half hour before adding the dumplings or carrots (optional).
- Simmer for another half hour until the soup is of a medium consistency.