How to Prepare Perfect Black Bean Soup
Black Bean Soup. Watch how to make the best black bean soup! This vegetarian black bean soup recipe is so easy to make with canned beans. You can make it as spicy as you'd like.
Made with ham shanks, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion, cumin, and chili. Pureed black beans and tomatoes are combined with vegetable broth to make a nice thick base for this soup, which hosts celery, carrots, onion and corn. All Reviews for Vegan Black Bean Soup. You can cook Black Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Bean Soup
- You need 1 1/2 Cups (375 mL) of dry black beans, soaked overnight.
- You need 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil.
- Prepare 1 cup (250 mL) of onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp (15 mL) of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of chipotle powder or smoked paprika.
- It’s 6 cups (1 1/2 L) of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of large bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 tsp (10 mL) of dried oregano leaves or 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh.
- It’s 1/2-2 tsp (10 mL) of salt, to taste.
- Prepare of Sour Cream for garnish.
- It’s of Cilantro, chopped for garnish.
Greatest black bean soup I've had, and VERY easy to make. All the toppings go great with it. This was my first time making black bean soup and first time using dried beans. Add black beans with their liquid and chicken broth.
Black Bean Soup step by step
- Drain the soaking liquid from the beans and set the beans aside.
- Heat the oil in the Instant Pot by selecting Saute. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, and chipotle powder. Add the beans, broth, bay leaf, and oregano. Stir well..
- Close and lock the lid in place. Select Soup/Broth and cook for 7 minutes. When the 7 minutes is up, let the pressure come down naturally (press cancel, and wait for the pressure to come down on it's own for about 20 minutes, until the lid unlocks on its own).
- Remove the lid, tilting it away from you..
- Remove the bay leaf..
- Either mash the beans with a potato masher, use an immersion blender, or keep the soup as is..
- Add salt to taste..
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro..
Stir soup, add bay leaf and bring to a boil. This Southwestern black bean soup is a quick and easy recipe made from pantry staples. What makes it so good is the high proportion of vegetables to beans: lots of garlic, onions, and even some carrots. Black bean soup recipes are among my favorite because they're light and it most of the time don't contain meat. For this recipe, you could add lean beef or chicken for a variation.