Potato bacon leek soup. Puree half the soup in a blender (remove the filler cap to let steam escape), then return to the pot. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Hearty Potato and Leek Soup With Bacon.
In a large saucepan, bring the water, potatoes and bacon to a boil. This soup could be made year round and keeps well in the fridge or freezer. Kid friendly, perfectly seasoned, warm, topped with crunchy and flavorful bacon and parsley. You can cook Potato bacon leek soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato bacon leek soup
- It’s 2 of leeks cut up.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s of Evoo.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 3 of LG potatoes peeled.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- It’s cubes of Drippings from roast chicken as stock frozen.
- It’s 250 ml of milk.
- It’s 250 ml of sour cream.
- You need of Parmesan cheese grated.
- You need of Chili flakes.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- It’s leaves of Dried chopped bay.
- It’s of Bacon bits.
This easy Potato Bacon and Leek Soup makes a great meal for the whole family! Both regular and Thermomix instructions are included below. Now that the weather is FINALLY cooling down, I've been craving and enjoying making yummy soup recipes like this Potato, Bacon and Leek Soup. This really is a great budget recipe as you don't need a lot of ingredients to put it together and you most.
Potato bacon leek soup instructions
- Chop up leeks, onions & garlic sweat in fry pay with evoo add salt and pepper.
- Chop up potatoes then put in instant pot with water and add leek mixture on top and stir then add chicken drippings (stock).
- Place lid then press Soup button wait 42 mins.
- Blend up ingredients with immersion blender add milk, parmesan cheese & sour cream blend again.
- Add more salt & pepper to desired taste.
- Add chili flakes & bacon bits then serve with dollop of sour cream on top.
Creamy Potato Leek Soup with Bacon seamlessly combines the complementing flavors of potatoes, leeks, celery, spices and broth with the bold flavor twist of bacon to serve up an irresistible bowl of goodness. Even better, because this soup uses those less-than-sexy winter veggies that are in season right now, it's easy on your budget as well. In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. This version of Potato Leek Soup is a little lighter with low sodium chicken broth and low fat milk, but is still full of amazing potato cozy flavor. and BACON.