How to Prepare Yummy Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole
Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole.
You can cook Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 can of 28oz. whole peeled tomatoes in tomato juice.
- It’s 5 large of potatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 lb of lentils, rinsed.
- You need 10 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Provolone cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pecorino Romano cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 bunch of escarole, torn up.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of ditalini.
Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole step by step
- Heat the oil with the onions and salt on low heat in an 8qt pressure cooker..
- After a few minutes, toss in the garlic, and heat until the onions start to soften.
- Toss in the pork with the red pepper flakes, granulated garlic, and fennel seeds..
- When the onions are very translucent, and the pork is cooked through, add the can of tomatoes. Turn the heat up to medium high, and stir frequently, ensuring there is enough liquid on the bottom to keep everything from sticking..
- When the tomatoes are really soft from cooking, mash them up into itty bitty blobs, stir, taste, and adjust this base as needed..
- Add the potatoes and lentils and stir..
- Fill the pressure cooker up with the water to a bit over 2/3 of the pot, seal, turn the heat to high, and bring to pressure..
- Keep it at pressure 10 minutes, remove from heat, and then, 10 minutes later, cool the pot to unseal..
- Stir to break up the lentils a bit, and then add the Provolone and Romano cheeses. Stir again, taste, and adjust the salt, red pepper, and fennel, as desired..
- Return the open pot to low heat and add the escarole. Stir it a bit to incorporate..
- In a separate saucepan, boil the ditalini with a dash of salt until al dente..
- Strain the ditalini and incorporate it into the soup. Stir, taste, adjust as needed, and serve..