Recipe: Yummy CUBAN white bean soup
CUBAN white bean soup. How To Serve Cuban Black Bean Soup Like They Do In Cuba. Cubans tend to serve this soup alongside or on top of white rice. A dollop of homemade Mexican or Central American crema or some chopped white onion and parsley or cilantro wouldn't be a terrible addition.
Skim off any white foam, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer until the beans are very soft and the soup is. Cuban Black Bean Soup – Rich in protein and loaded with veggies and flavorful spices, this black bean soup is thick, hearty and absolutely delicious! You can have CUBAN white bean soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of CUBAN white bean soup
- You need 1 1/2 cup of onion.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 bag of of white beans ( I prefer goya ).
- Prepare 1 of sliced red bell pepper.
- Prepare 3 clove of fresh garlic.
- You need 1 of cumin ( use as much as much as you want, keep tasting!).
- Prepare 2 oz of white cooking wine.
- It’s 6 oz of meat ( I prefer think bacon or any other pork).
- You need 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 1/2 oz of veggie oil.
- It’s 3 cup of chopped squash.
I had the weekend off and decided to make this vegan black bean soup. I've been wanting to make this soup for some time and am so happy to finally add it. This hearty Cuban Black Bean Soup is thick with garlic, onions and salsa and is easy to prepare! Inspired by his Cuban mother's black bean soup, Chef Douglas Rodriguez of DeLaCosta restaurant in Chicago developed the robust flavor in this recipe.
CUBAN white bean soup step by step
- put beans inside pressure cooker ( or pressure pan ) and fill up half way with room temperature water ( you can add more water if you prefer later on…).
- next, add the meat, salt and all other seasoning.
- close the pressure cooker, and cook in high untill it gains good pressure, then lower to 7 or 6 on your stove and cook this way for 45 minutes.
- next, release pressure form the pan by placing under running water, when the pressure is gone, remove the lid and check that the beans are soft. if they are, place the pan without the lid back on the stove and add the rest of the ingredients from the ingredients list inside the pan and cook at a point where everything looks boiling but not too explosive hot, which would be like a 6 1/2 or 7 on your stove.
- keep tasting and add more seasoning I you lile..
- serve with white rice..
Try this vegan Mediterranean White Bean Soup for lunch of dinner. It's a quick gluten free soup recipe that's filled with vegetables and plant-based protein. Unlike many black bean soups, this one is pepper-packed and leaves the beans intact for a more interesting texture. It's equally delicious served on its own or over rice. It's equally delicious served on its own or over rice.