Recipe: Tasty 27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup
27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup.
You can cook 27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup
- You need 1 of medium carrot, small dice.
- It’s 1 of large stalk celery, small dice.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, small dice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of small bay leaf.
- It’s 1 pinch of thyme.
- Prepare 4 can of great northern beans, undrained.
- You need 1 pound of boiled ham, large chop.
- You need 2-3 of shakes Tabasco.
- You need 2 of shakes of Worcestershire.
27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup step by step
- With the pressure cooker set to sauté, add the olive oil and carrots to the cookpot. Sauté for around 3 minutes..
- Add the onions and celery to cookpot and continue stirring and sautéing..
- Stir in the sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and bay leaf. Sauté for another 3 minute, occasionally stirring..
- Add the ham and stir until the onions are translucent..
- Add all 4 cans of beans, juice included, to the cookpot and stir to incorporate..
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock it into place. Reset the pressure cooker to high pressure and set the cooking time for 20 minutes..
- Press the start button. The pressure cooker will take a few minutes to come up to the correct temperature and pressure. Once it does, it will begin counting down the cooking time..
- When the pressure cooker reaches 0, it will automatically set itself to warming mode. Unplug and allow it to sit for 7 minutes to release the pressure naturally..
- With a pot-holder covered hand, manually release the remaining pressure and remove the lid..
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the dashes of Tabasco and Worcestershire. Serve hot with cornbread..