Recipe: Appetizing Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth
Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth.
You can cook Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth
- Prepare 500-700 g of beef, with tendon and bone in.
- You need 2 of medium red onions, quartered.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 3 of dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of large potatoes, quartered.
- You need 3 pinches of black peppercorns.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 3-4 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of beef bullion or broth cube.
- You need 1 bunch of Chinese pechay (see step 9 photo), separated.
- You need 4-5 of cabbage leaves, whole but separated.
- You need 1 bunch of green beans, tips and threads removed.
- It’s 2 of carrots, quartered.
- You need 1 stalk of leek, cut crosswise (optional).
Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth step by step
- Since this is beef tendon, you'll need a pressure cooker! Rub salt and pepper all over the beef. Add in the bones (this is what makes it tasty!), the beef meat, and the tendon in the pot. Throw in one of the onions, the bay leaves and 3 garlic cloves. Add the bullion cube and 3-4 cups water, depending on size of your pot. It should cover the beef..
- Cover properly and pressure cook for 15 mins- btw only start timing it when it starts to whistle. So that means its actually in the pot for more than 15… Take note of this..
- When it's time, turn off the heat and follow your pressure cooker instructions to avoid getting scalded with boiling liquid!.
- After opening, bring it back to the stove. Taste and adjust accordingly. Add your potatoes and the remaining onions, garlic. Simmer on medium heat covered. About 10 mins..
- Add your carrots, simmer for another 7 minutes..
- Add green beans, leeks, cover another 3 mins. I normally add one red finger chili at this point, and I run my knife in the middle to let the heat come out when cooking. Gives just enough spiciness to the soup. ;).
- Taste, adjust saltines or spiciness. Add the the pechay, cover for another minute then turn off the heat..
- Leave it covered for another 2 minutes then separate the veggies unto a plate to prevent over cooking..
- Serve while hot. Eat with rice (in Asia)..