Recipe: Yummy Shark Fin Melon Pork Soup
Shark Fin Melon Pork Soup. Intrigued by this type of melon that I always see at my local wet market, I decided to give it a try today. In my original recipe for this shark fin melon soup, I peeled the skin and removed the seeds. I find that it is too tedious and time consuming so this time round, I decided. *CONTAINS NO ACTUAL SHARK FINS – NO SHARKS HARMED – IT'S THE NAME OF A VEGETABLE Shark fin melon is a great It's got the shark-fin name because of its inner texture.
The shark fins provide texture, while the taste comes from the other soup ingredients. Bring the water to a boil then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about an hour. Imitation shark fin soup is a very popular snack sold by street hawkers in Hong Kong. You can have Shark Fin Melon Pork Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shark Fin Melon Pork Soup
- You need 1 kg of pork rib and bone.
- It’s 1 of shark fin Melon about 2 kg.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 litre of water.
- It’s 15 of red dates (optional add on).
- It’s 30 of dried Wolfberries (Keichi optional add on).
- Prepare 3 of dried honey dates (optional add on).
Now you can make this delicious street food at home. It would definitely include a shark fin soup. My kids said it smelled like roasted sweet corn. Imitation shark fin soup is a common street food sold in Hong Kong and Malaysia especially at night markets.
Shark Fin Melon Pork Soup instructions
- Cut of the skin (beware the skin is hard and slippery) then it’s optional either you want to Removed seed or not as it’s edible once it’s cook and soften.
- Quick blanch Pork Rib and bone then drain and put into a pressure cooker on high with water for 25 minutes or another option is by cooking on stove with an iron pot bring it to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add in the shark fin Melon and salt together with the red dates, Keichi and sweet date if you are using then cook for another 10 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- Remake Again Today, Enjoy with some white rice.
Shark fin soup was once the dish often served at wedding banquets, birthday dinners of elders and of course, during Chinese New Year dinners. Shark fin soup is a thick broth flavored with ham and chicken. Shark fin is added for texture, usually sliced into long pieces like noodles, but it plays Preparation of shark fin soup is an ancient tradition developed over thousands of years. In China, shark fins have been used to make soup since the. Send a letter to retailers dealing in shark fins, to spread awareness about the devastating impacts of this cruel practice and to show your objection.