Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup
Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup.
You can have Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup
- You need 2.5 kg of boneless beef finger ribs.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1 of red chili.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 8 slices of peeled ginger.
- You need 2 stalks of green onion.
- You need 1 of medium tomato.
- You need 1 bag of seasoning for stewing 滷包 (star anise, clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg).
- You need 2 tbsp of spicy chilli bean paste.
- It’s 1 spoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 spoon of rice wine.
- It’s of Some pepper powder for seasoning.
- You need of Some cooking oil (vegetable oil or canola oil works fine).
- It’s of Noodles to serve.
Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup step by step
- Cut the beef into cubes of about 5 cm. I have also used different types of beef to make the beef noodles as finger ribs are not always available. I have used stewing beef (too lean and falls apart) and also beef flank (too fatty) before..
- Slice the onions, chop the chilli and green onions into smaller segments, slice the garlic and ginger, and chop the tomato..
- Heat up some water to blanch the cubes of beef..
- Boil just enough water to cover the beef in another pot with half of the green onion and ginger, and bag of seasoning. After boiling, place the cubes of beef into the pot and add the rice wine. Boil for about 3 minutes, take the beef out and set aside. Keep the remaining liquid and its contents..
- Warm up some oil in a wok and stir fry the onions, chilli, garlic, tomatoes, and the rest of the green onions and ginger. Then add the spicy chilli bean paste and the blanched beef from the previous step. Mix well..
- Add the remaining liquid and its contents from step 4 to the wok followed by soy sauce and pepper powder, boil, and simmer with lid on low heat for 2.5 hours. You can also use a pressure cooker to shorten the cooking time..
- Serve with cooked noodles..