Recipe: Delicious Sweet stuffed pepper soup
Sweet stuffed pepper soup. Stuffed pepper soup with ground turkey, bell peppers, rice and tomatoes! Easy to prepare and Stuffed pepper soup has all the flavors of a stuffed pepper, but deconstructed and ready with far less effort. Denise Bustard is the creator of Sweet Peas and Saffron, a meal prep-focussed food blog.
Stuffed Pepper Soup has everything you love about stuffed peppers – bell peppers, ground beef Stuffed Pepper Soup. I love soup weather and the convenience of making a big pot of soup that Pingback: Spring Brings Sweet Peppers, Asparagus & Peas to FMBM! at Bay Meadows: San Mateo. This stuffed pepper soup is a hearty meal loaded with ground beef, onions, rice and bell peppers in a tomato based broth. You can cook Sweet stuffed pepper soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet stuffed pepper soup
- You need 1 pound of ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Prepare of Sweet peppers diced or any kind of bell peppers.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes, 14 oz with green chili.
- You need 1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- You need 3 of bouillon cubes chicken or beef.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt (I used minced garlic).
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cayanne pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- It’s of Hot sauce optional.
- Prepare of Add some cut jalapeño for more heat.
- It’s of Cheese for the top, I used cheddar, but any cheese will work.
- It’s of Cooked rice.
- Prepare of Any kind of rice will work I use Instant rice, make as much or little as you need.
It tastes just like classic stuffed peppers, but without all the work! Stuffed Pepper Soup – all the flavors of a stuffed bell pepper in easy, hearty and comforting soup form! We tried stuffed pepper soup just the other day for the first time and knew I had to come to allrecipes.com to find a recipe. I made a few changes to The first time as written and we weren't too impressed with the soup.
Sweet stuffed pepper soup step by step
- Turn your Instant pot to the saute setting. Or just brown the hamburger on the stove top..
- Brown hamburger meat, then the drain grease, put back in pot add onions and cut peppers, then add dry seasoning, cook till the onions and peppers are to your liking, or soft..
- Place everything else (except the rice) into the instant pot. Stir to combine..
- Then set the pressure to 6 minutes. Quick release when done..
- Make the rice while you are waiting. (I used a rice cooker).
- Stir before serving..
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a spoonful of cooked rice, top it with cheddar cheese.
- Notes- you don’t want to add the rice to the soup mixture, because the rice will just soak it up. If you have any leftovers, put the rice in it’s own Container. I used whatever spices I had on hand and made to taste, measurements I was guessing, and I used some other spices I can’t even remember, use what you have and like… same with the peppers. I had sweet peppers and I needed to do something with them before they went bad, just use what you like, and have on hand..
It was way too sweet for our taste. Soup Recipes are my favorite to make in the Instant Pot. Usually, they are the easiest and take less time and This hearty soup is made with browned ground beef, rice, bell peppers, tomatoes, and dried herbs. It tastes like a delicious stuffed pepper, without. Without fail, anytime I slide a stuffed pepper onto my dinner plate, I go straight for the tomato-kissed ground beef and rice filling (often leaving most of the bell pepper behind).