Red bean soup with peach gum 桃胶. Some recipes recommend cooking the tapioca separately, but it works just fine to add them directly to the soup. When the tapioca pearls are totally. Sometime I put some Goji berries and red date, bark cinnamon for more tasty.
Double Boiled Peach Gum with Red Dates & Dried Longan. Made a nourishing & collagen booster desert. Peach gum 桃胶 is rich in collagen for beautiful Sweet Chinese-style soup made with snow fungus, dried longan, black dates, red dates, lotus seeds, goji berries and sweetened with rock sugar. You can have Red bean soup with peach gum 桃胶 using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red bean soup with peach gum 桃胶
- You need 1 cup of Red beans.
- You need 5 cups of Water.
- You need of Sugar 5 tbsp or more.
- It’s of Peach gum 2 tbsp(optional).
Peach gum is the resin from peach and Chinese wild peach trees, already solidified when it is found. As detailed in classical Chinese medical literature, its curative qualities include solving urinal infections, thirst-quenching and relieving stress. Not only used frequently by doctors of Traditional Chinese. Shiratama zenzai is a sweet hot soup made with azuki red beans and containing Japanese mochi dumplings.
Red bean soup with peach gum 桃胶 step by step
- Peach gum soak for 24 hours, remove all the impurities, it expands many times bigger than the original size, become jelly like.
- Soak red beans for 2 hrs, discard the water. Put into the pans, add water and sugar. Cook in the pressure cooker for 20 minutes or until red beans are broken up. Add peach gum jelly and let it boils again and turn off fire.
This traditional dessert combines sweet adzuki red beans and chewy shiratama mochi rice dumplings in a flavoursome broth. Enjoy hot as a winter dessert, or chill and serve cold with green. For starters, peach gum goes by quite a few names, including peach resin, peach blossom tears, or its scientific name, prunus persica. Other natural gums include guar gum (from guar trees), locust bean gum (from carob trees), gum arabic (from acacia trees), and plum gum (from, you guessed it, plum. Peach gum also know as peach resin, peach blossom tears, or its scientific name, Prunus Persica, is one among dozens of products that classify as natural Peach gum is a natural resin secreted from the peach tree, formed in amber like crystals on the tree.