Recipe: Yummy Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas
Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas. This Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with bold Moroccan flavours is hearty, satisfying and super quick and easy to make. You can freeze Instant Pot Split Pea Soup for easy meal prep. Freeze in individual portions or freeze all of it at I used red lentils and split mung beans instead of yellow split peas.
Chickpeas are a popular legume across nearly every continent, which not surprising looking at the benefits and nutritional content of chickpeas. Dried split peas are part of a food group known as pulses, which include beans, chickpeas, peas, and lentils. My last pressure cooker pulse creation was this Instant Pot Chili, made with dried kidney beans and ground beef. You can have Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2-3 tsp of Moroccan spice.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Cayenne.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 of carrot sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms optional.
- Prepare 1 of celery sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced pork.
- It’s 1 cup of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 cup of Split red lentils.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken stock.
I love cooking with split peas because they have many of the same health. Since it takes so many hours to cook dried beans on the stovetop, most of the time Alex and I end up using. This hearty vegan sweet potato soup features chickpeas and veggies in a flavorful harissa spiked broth. Instant Pot Spicy Moroccan Sweet Potato Soup.
Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas step by step
- In an electric pressure cooker press saute add oil, bring to hot.
- Add diced onions, carrots, celery. Cook for about 3 minutes..
- Add the canned tomatoes, then stir in the rinsed lentils, chickpeas, and quinoa. (Should be rehydrated).
- Add the chicken stock, respect the 1/2 pot line..
- Cook at bean or manual for 20 minutes. Leave natural release for 10 minutes. Then quick release. Salt and pepper to taste, Enjoy.
I had to substitute chickpeas with Northern white beans, but it came out just as delicious and flavorful! Pressure Cook Split Pea Soup: Add in chopped carrots and celery if you haven't. Serve Split Pea and Ham Soup: This comforting Instant Pot Split Pea Soup is very filling, so you can serve it as a meal on its own. Instant Pot Moroccan Chickpea Soup is a hearty, vegan recipe that's simple to make, and is full of spice and flavor you'd expect from Moroccan What Can I Do With Chickpeas? While the obvious thing to make with chickpeas would be something like hummus or roasted chickpeas, you'l be.