Easiest Way to Cook Yummy French onion soup Instant Pot IP
French onion soup Instant Pot IP. And French Onion Soup (French: soupe à l'oignon) is a classic favorite that has been on our long "To-Experiment in our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker" List ever since the very beginning! 😀. The sweet caramelized onions, the delicious savory aroma in comforting rich beefy broth. When ready to serve, heat the soup in a pot, and Any danger to cooking with wine in the IP?
The Instant Pot caramelizes the onions and makes a delicious pot of French onion soup in about half the time it takes using conventional methods. French onion soup is a comforting lunch or dinner soup. It's the perfect soup for a cold, snowy or rainy day, or serve it as a dinner party first course or. You can cook French onion soup Instant Pot IP using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French onion soup Instant Pot IP
- You need 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- You need 2 of red onions chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 cups of white wine.
- It’s 4 cups of beef broth.
- You need 4 of thyme sprigs.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 TSP of kosher salt.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves minced (garlic lovers 8 cloves).
- It’s 1 of baguette loaf.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
- You need of Garnishes.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt.
- You need of Fresh ground pepper.
- You need of Fresh parsley.
I love my Instant Pot so much I thought I would start sharing some more recipe experiments with you! Today I tried making French Onion Soup in. Today I tried making French Onion Soup in my IP. I know, I know, I didn't use the proper cheeses & I left out the wine.
French onion soup Instant Pot IP instructions
- Melt butter in pressure cooker over medium saute setting..
- Add onions and baking soda until onions soften slightly and start to release liquid. Around 3 minutes..
- Seal pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes. No need to add liquid. The onions will release all the liquid needed. When finished quick release the pressure. Remove lid..
- Drain liquid then on high/more saute setting, continue to stir the onions till all the onions are sticky and brown..
- Add broth, white wine, salt, and garlic stirring and scraping bottom of the pot to remove any bits that may be stuck to bottom of the pot. Add thyme and bay leaves..
- Reseal instant pot and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When beeper sounds do a quick release of the pressure. Remove lid..
- Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Preheat oven to broil. Cut the baguette into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces…
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls leaving room for the baguette on top. Add pieces of baguette (2 or 3) on top of soup. Cover with a slice of provolone cheese..
- Place bowl in oven and cook with oven door cracked until cheese is melted..
- Remove from oven. sprinkle salt, pepper, and parsley over the top..
Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! Why Is It Called French Onion Soup. Before then Onion soups have been It takes time to caramelize onions but you can skip this step and just add all your onions to the instant pot. You will not get that deep flavor like at Panera's. Classic French onion soup loaded with caramelized onion, beef broth, and topped with gooey cheese, This DELICIOUS and Tasty dish is a crowd pleaser Place onions, butter, and sugar in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot.