lentil soup.. Don't settle for bland Lentil Soup! Make it right and you'll have everyone begging for seconds….and thirds… This lentil recipe is one of the best nourishing, simple dishes you can make with dried lentils. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup.
The original recipe was my grandmother's, and it actually won first prize when she entered it at a. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder. It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. You can cook lentil soup. using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of lentil soup.
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- It’s 3 stick of celery.
- Prepare 4 of carrots.
- It’s 1 medium of leek.
- It’s 1/2 of savoy cabbage.
- Prepare 1 large of bacon shank.
- It’s 3/4 lb of red lentils.
This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! Meet my go-to lentil soup recipe! I make this soup with lentils, carrots, turmeric, and fresh lemon whenever I'm in need of some healthy comfort food.
lentil soup. step by step
- cook the shank in enough water to cover it.
- simmer for approx. 1hour.
- when its cooked remove the shank and let the liquid cool.
- strain the liquid through a strainer.
- add the washed lentils.
- wash and dice the veg.
- add to the soup.
- simmer gently until the veg is almost cooked adding more water if needed.
- cut all the fat off the meat, dice it and add it to the soup.
- check taste before adding any salt.
This is the best lentil soup plus prep is quick and it's so easy to make! It's packed with fresh veggies, zesty Italian flavors and plenty of protein rich lentils. For a bowl of hearty comfort, try Alton Brown's Lentil Soup recipe, spiced with coriander and cumin, from Good Eats on Food Network. Lentil Soup, My Favorite Way to Prepare This Little Legume. My fondness for lentils has definitely These days, my favorite way to use lentils is in making a delicious lentil soup.