Easiest Way to Make Tasty Gumbo soup
Gumbo soup. Gumbo (French: Gombo) is a soup popular in the U. S. state of Louisiana, and is the official state cuisine. Gumbo consists primarily of a strongly-flavored stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener.
Like Jambalaya, Gumbo contains a mix of vegetables, sometimes meat, and always shellfish, but the overall stock is thinner. Chef Isaac Toups, of Toups Meatery, teaches us how to make a New Orleans style chicken and sausage gumbo. Isaac lets us in on the importance of taking it. You can cook Gumbo soup using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gumbo soup
- You need 1/2 lb of Bacon.
- You need 3 lb of Chicken.
- You need 1 packages of Smoked sausage.
- You need 2 lb of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 packages of Dried shrimps.
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- It’s 1 large of Bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of stock Celery.
- You need 1 each of Squash any kind.
- You need 1 head of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 can of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of Creole seasonimg.
This chicken gumbo is an excellent choice if you are looking for an authentic yet uncomplicated soup. Boneless chicken makes it an easy preparation. This Easy Chicken Gumbo Soup combines chicken thighs, onions, celery, green peppers, tomatoes and rice in a spicy savory chicken broth. No worries you can adjust the heat to your liking.
Gumbo soup instructions
- Cook bacon in dutch oven.
- Cook bacon as direction.
- After bacon is done remove from pot.
- Add chicken to pot brown on both sides.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add onions celery and bell pepper.
- Cook to translucent.
- Add mushrooms and simmer.
- Cut sausage into small chunks.
- Add sausage amd chicken make sure to cut chicken up into chunks.
- Add seasons to pot.
- Add every thing else and cook untill almost done.
- Add shrimp ay the end cook for 30min.
Enjoy this delicious chicken gumbo soup that's perfect for Creole cuisine. MORE+ LESS Because the edges are sharp, bay leaf should be removed before the soup is served. Turkey and Andouille Sausage Gumbo Recipe This gumbo is a great use for leftover roasted turkey Louisiana-Style Chicken Soup Recipe OK, so technically we can't call this a gumbo because there is. Chicken gumbo is a quintessential southern dish. It is a thick soup that includes bell pepper, onion, celery, rice, chicken and Cajun spices.