Recipe: Delicious Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken.
You can cook Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken
- Prepare 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- It’s 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- You need 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- It’s 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- You need 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- You need 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- It’s 1 of FOR SOUP.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- You need 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Prepare 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken step by step
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.