Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala.
You can cook Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala
- Prepare 150 grams of dried red lentils (cooking time about 20min).
- It’s 750 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 400 grams of ripe tomatoes (can).
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of or fresh parsley.
- It’s 1-2 centimeter of fresh ginger root.
- It’s 100-150 milliliter of coconut milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garam masala indian spicemix (see also my recipe).
- It’s of some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- You need of optional:.
- It’s 1 of small red chili pepper if you like it more hot.
Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala step by step
- Wash the red lentils and put aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop fine and put aside.
- If you want to use the chili pepper wash it then cut it open and remove the seeds and cut fine and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the ginger root, grate it and put aside.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes and put aside with juice.
- Put a 2 liter soup pan on medium heat with some olive oil, add the onion, garlic and optional the red chili pepper and fry slowly untill the onion is soft and looks glassy.
- Now add the grated ginger root, the garam masala and cumin and slowly fry for another minute or to release all the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and red lentils and bring to boil.
- Let boil for about 20 min then blend smooth with an electrical hand blender, add the coconut milk and boil another minute.
- Add pepper and salt to taste and garnish with some parsley.