Recipe: Yummy Ukrainian Red Borshch (beetroot soup)
Ukrainian Red Borshch (beetroot soup).
You can have Ukrainian Red Borshch (beetroot soup) using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ukrainian Red Borshch (beetroot soup)
- It’s 1 of average red beetroot.
- Prepare 1 small of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of average onion.
- You need 3 of average potatoes.
- Prepare 150 grams of cabbage.
- You need 50 grams of sweet pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of black pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of marjoram.
- Prepare 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 400 grams of red beens.
Ukrainian Red Borshch (beetroot soup) step by step
- Ingredients: I took canned red beens, but you make take any you like. Not in sause, just canned beens. You may cook them by yourself if you wish and have time of course))) I also took tomato sauce, but you may take a red tomato if you want) From these products, I took half of this cabbage and half of carrot and half of pepper).
- Borshch hack: To make our borshch even more red, sweet, and vitaminized, do the following: Wash the beetroot well with brush, cut top and bottom and throw away, than peel it in a separate bowl. Boil some water, put salt in bowl with beetroot peels and pour hot water. Put aside..
- Put a 3-4 litres pan with 2 litres of water to warm up. Peel all vegs, cut potatoes in small cubes and throw in the pan..
- Prick onion with knife to let the soup take its juices easily..
- Add the onion to the pan, close it and let it simmer..
- Put a frying pan to heat. Meanwhile, cut beetroot and carrot, I use food processor you may cut them with knife, in long slim pieces like mine..
- Pour some oil on frying pan, and fry beetroot and carrot for 3-4 minutes covered. Cut the cabbage meanwhile..
- Put fried carrot and beetroot into the pan. Add some oil into the same frying pan, and stew cabbage with some water added for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tbsp into the cabbage, mix well, put into the pan. Also, add thinly sliced sweet pepper..
- Add red beans into the pan..
- Add salt, black ground pepper, one bay leaf, majoram, nutmeg. Stir a little..
- Add those red liquid from beetroot peels that we made in the step 2. (Oly liquid, not peels!) Almost close the pan and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Dont boil it, cause it will loose its clearness!.
- Serve hot with toats+garlic (my next recipe!), tbsp of sour cream, and chopped parsley. The dish is good for re-heeting, it becomes even more tasty overnight in the frige ))))).