How to Make Delicious Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup
Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup. PS: If you make my curried carrot and lentil soup, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag. Thai Curry Carrot Lentil Soup. by thehealthymavenrecipes. Carrot Curry Coconut Soup with moulding red lentil falaffel. by greencornerchef.
Split lentils (red and yellow) tend to disintegrate to a thick puree once cooked, whereas whole lentils (brown and green). I eat soup year round and this thai curry carrot lentil soup is no exception! That beautiful pink plant you see there is swiss chard which came in my Imperfect Produce box and we figured we'd throw it in.. You can have Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup
- You need 1 of large kumara.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- You need 1 cup of yellow lentils.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 TSP of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 TSP of turmeric.
- Prepare to taste of Chilli powder.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Fresh lime.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. Heat oil in a large soup pot. This curried carrot soup is one of them!
Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup step by step
- Fry onion and garlic until soft. Then add spices and fry for further 30 seconds.
- Add Kumara and carrots and stir to combine with spice/onion mix.
- Add hot stock, 1 cup water and lentils. Bring to boil then simmer at low heat with lid until lentils are cooked (about 45 mins).
- Put into food processor and process until smooth.
- Place back into pot and add coconut milk. Heat gently until hot.
- Serve with finely chopped cilantro and lime juice.
It's from the Easy Gourmet cookbook written by our friend Stephanie Le. While my immersion blending skills did manage to This curried carrot soup is perfect for a lunch or a light dinner along with some bread and a side salad, or a first course for a dinner party. Try our spicy carrot and lentil soup. Our red lentil soup with carrots is a simple lentil soup recipe. To serve the soup chilled, let cool, then refrigerate in a covered container.