Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken
Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken. This smooth curried butternut squash is sweetened with a little honey and is certain to keep you warm in winter. Stir chicken broth, squash, curry powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper into onion mixture. Creamy Curried Butternut Squash Soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder.
Stove top, slow cooker or Instant Pot – your choice! Welcome to your new go-to chicken thigh curry! This easy Thai chicken and butternut squash curry truly deserves the spot it's had on our dinner table (and in our freezer). You can have Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 48 oz of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk (plus more for garnish).
- It’s 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of yellow curry paste (more or less depending on taste).
- You need 2 of chicken breast’s (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbs of cumin (for chicken).
- Prepare 1 tbs of turmeric (for chicken).
- Prepare 1 tbs of onion powered (for chicken).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (for chicken).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (for chicken).
- You need of Olive oil (see directions).
I have a delicious new butternut squash soup recipe to share with you guys today! But first, a quick peek into last night… Last night Ryan and I loosely followed Cook Smarts' recipe for butternut squash curry, but transformed it into more of a broth-based soup with chicken and kale. Keywords: butternut squash soup with coconut milk and curry More Indian Inspired Recipes: Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk. Roasted Red Kuri Coconut Curry Soup.
Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken step by step
- Pre heat oven to 400° then roast the butternut squash. I usually cut it in half, poke holes in it then microwave each half for 4 minutes. I then remove the skin, dice it into chunks, and cover them in olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Dice the onion and put it in an oiled pan with the clove of garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is caramelized..
- When the squash and onions are done, throw them into a stock pot and set them aside so you can prep your chicken..
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Then cover them in the dry spices and roast them in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, shred it and set it to the side..
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vegetable stock to the pot with your squash and onion and heat on medium low. You can also add your brown sugar and your curry paste. After the curry has been incorporated, you can use a hand blender to blend the chunks of squash and onions until the soup is smoothe..
- Add your can of coconut milk (be sure to shake it before opening the can).
- Ladle some of the warm soup into your bowl and add the chicken and some extra coconut milk if choose!.
With onion and lightly spiced with curry powder, ginger, mustard seeds, cumin. For the last month I've had a hankering to make curried squash soup, and for the last month the squash I picked out for this purpose has been greeting me from the kitchen. This Curried Butternut Squash Soup is perfectly spiced with cumin, curry and turmeric, loaded with butternut squash and apples. Liquids – Heavy cream and low sodium chicken broth. This curried squash soup is made with spicy, fragrant Thai red curry paste.