Recipe: Perfect Vegetarian wonton soup
Vegetarian wonton soup. Vegetarian wonton soup with tofu, broccoli and wood ear mushrooms as filling. It becomes very warm in my city and everything spring is so nice and inspirational. Prepared with vegan wonton wrappers, a vegetarian tofu filling, and vegetable broth, our twist on the classic soup is a savory, healthy hot soup.
This vegan wonton soup is made with savory shiitake stuffed wontons and crispy napa cabbage in a light gingery broth. Wonton soup is one of the staples of Chinese-American cuisine. After much deliberation and popcorn eating as well as contemplating a handstand, I excitedly selected vegetarian wonton soup. You can cook Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- Prepare 1 package of round wonton wraps.
- Prepare 1 bag of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- It’s 1 c. of small diced jicama.
- It’s 1 c. of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- It’s 1 c. of small diced celery.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- You need 1 c. of diced cabbage.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 2 tbs of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of large carrot cut like flower.
- Prepare 5 of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- You need 6 of mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
I had never made wontons before, but I am a brave and courageous. These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will Wonton soup. If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value. Crispy veggie & tofu filled wontons.
Vegetarian wonton soup instructions
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
I mean come on…what kid (or adult for that Anjali is the author of Vegetarian Gastronomy, a website dedicated to Vegan Cooking with many Gluten-free options. This delicately flavored soup is just the thing for when you're feeling under the weather. Wonton wrappers are usually found in the supermarket refrigerated. A comprehensive guide to making wonton and wonton soup. This wonton noodle soup recipe is comforting as it is authentic.