Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Chicken soup(soto ayam)
Chicken soup(soto ayam). Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots, celery leaves and herbs, and is hearty enough for a meal. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup.
But, when generously ladled over noodles, topped with chunky, juicy. Transfer the chicken soup to a serving dish and place in the centre of the table. Place all remaining ingredients in separate bowls on the table. You can have Chicken soup(soto ayam) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken soup(soto ayam)
- Prepare 1/2 of chicken,wash and remove the skin.
- Prepare 1 L of water.
- Prepare 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of cm galangal,slightly bruished.
- You need 1 of stalk lemongrass,slightly bruished.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of spring onions ,minced.
- Prepare of 🐓🐓MIX IN BLENDER : 5 shallots,4 cloves garlic,2 candlenut(toasted), 1 cm turmeric, 1 cm ginger, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp salt.
- Prepare of 🐓🐓SERVE WITH : 1 tomato(sliced into 8 pieces). 50 grams of vermicelli noodles(boiled for 2 minutes). 100 grams of cabbage(thinly sliced). 100 grams of bean sprouts(boiled). 1 lime(cut round). fried onion. sambal chilli..
Ladle some chicken and soup over the rice and top with deep-fried shallots and the green part of the spring onion. Squeeze over lime juice and serve sambal. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. This is seriously tasty noodle soup.
Chicken soup(soto ayam) step by step
- Blend the spices..
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the ground spices,stir-fry until fragrant..
- Add lemongrass,bay leaves,kaffir lime leaves,galangal. Saute until wilted..
- Add wated and chicken.Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat..
- After 30 minutes passed,remove the chicken from the water and place on a plate..
- Shredded chicken meat into small pieces..
- Back to the broth,add in spring onions and simmer for 5 minutes..
- To serve,take an empty bowl,i put the noodles first,bean sprouts,cabbage,chicken,tomato slices,lime slices and then the soup broth and last sprinkle fried onion. Is so deliciuos and is very good to have chicken soup when it is cold weather like this. Bon appetit!!.
This soup/stew is full of flavours and textures. The recipe is adapted from Wendy Hutton's beautiful book 'Green Mangoes and Lemon Grass'. Soto ayam medan is a yellow (almost greenish) chicken soup that is normally served with rice and potato pancakes. The greenish color is contributed by the yellow from turmeric and the white from coconut milk along with other aromatic herbs and spices. It may not look much from the photo, but it is.