Easiest Way to Make Delicious Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup
Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup. Sweet-and-Sour Beef Cabbage Soup ~ simple and comforting old world soup made with beef short ribs, cabbage, allspice, brown sugar and red wine vinegar. I crave that soup and recently stumbled on a recipe for cabbage soup in my local newspaper that sounded similar, the food writer says it's. This wholesome sweet-and-sour soup combines beef, caraway seeds, sweet paprika and cabbage–ingredients that star in a number of German dishes.
Checkout this quick weeknight recipe for Sweet and Sour Beef Cabbage Soup. Sweet & Sour Cabbage Soup With DillFood Republic. Cabbage Soup With Beef Short Ribs Recipes. You can cook Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of Beef cubes.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Caraway seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Bell pepper and onion.
- Prepare 1 of Cooking apple.
- Prepare 6 cup of Beef broth low salt.
- Prepare 1 can of Diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 3 cup of Cabbage.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cider vinegar.
Creamy Corned Beef and Cabbage SoupCarmel Moments. There's nothing more comforting than a warming bowl of cabbage soup. Ours conjures up memories of beloved, slow-cooked Eastern European versions Stir the bacon and the dill, if using, into the soup. Serve the soup topped with a dollop of sour cream, if using.
Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup step by step
- Brown beef add caraway seeds and thyme.
- Stir in peppers, onion, apples cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, honey paprika and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook tender 4 minutes.
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper.
Saute beef cubes until medium rare. In a large soup pot, combine water, beef bouillon, shredded cabbage and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add onion, garlic, brown sugar, lemon pepper, tomato paste and beef cubes. Fresh cabbage soup or shchi and sour cabbage soup (made with sauerkraut) or kislye shchi are two traditional Russian soups. This sour cabbage soup recipe is made with fresh pork shoulder and smoked pork spareribs.