Polish Cabbage Soup (Kapusniak).
You can cook Polish Cabbage Soup (Kapusniak) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Polish Cabbage Soup (Kapusniak)
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground chuck.
- It’s 2 of fresh bratwurst links, removed from their casings.
- Prepare 1 of small head of cabbage, cored and cut in eighths shreds.
- It’s 3 of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of poblano pepper, fine dice.
- You need 1 of large potato, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 ounce) of can of petite dice tomatoes, juice included.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sauerkraut with juice.
- It’s 16 ounces of tomato juice.
- It’s 32 ounces of Beef "Cooking Stock".
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cracked pepper.
Polish Cabbage Soup (Kapusniak) instructions
- Assemble all of your ingredients..
- Chop and prep all of your veg for mise en place..
- Melt the butter in a large soup or stock pan over high heat, add the bratwurst meat (decased) and ground chuck, break up with the spoon, and sautee till it gets a little brown. Around 3-5 minutes.
- Add onions, poblano, carrots, and potato. Sweat these ingredients with the meat another 3 minutes or so..
- Add cabbage and sauerkraut, sweat the cabbage and stir vigorously about 5 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, beef stock, water, salt and pepper, and herb and spices..
- Bring to a rolling boil, and lower to a gentle bubbling simmer. Cover and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally..