Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup.
You can cook Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup
- It’s 1 of Squid.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Courgette.
- Prepare 1 of Celery stalk or small Chinese celery bunch.
- You need 1 of Bok Choy.
- It’s 2 of tbsp grinded dried shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of big bowl of water.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Dashi.
Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup step by step
- Cut the squid open and clean the gut..
- Throw out the sack, scale, teeth and eyes..
- Cut the Squid in bite size pieces. Please note that some Squid like NZ squid are quite tough so you may need to slice them up..
- Slice up the veges. I use Chinese celery for the aroma because I hate eating celery. Those are frozen since Chinese celery is hard to find in NZ supermarket..
- Put your wok or pan on the stove at high temperature. Add oil and wait for the oil to heat..
- Throw in the squid, add salt and dashi stock to taste. Stir the Squid until the flesh turns solid white (as opposed to the transparent white colour of raw squid)..
- Add veges and stir for a few minutes. Remove from heat..
- Fill your soup pot with water and put on the stove at high temperature..
- Add grinded dried shrimp, salt and dashi stock to taste..
- Wash the bok choy and cut it into small pieces..
- Once water is boiled, throw in the bok choy and turn off the stove. Leave the pot on to let the heat cook the bok choy for 5 minutes..
- Serve with rice..