Coconut shrimp soup. Soup Quick and Easy Coconut Shrimp. Quick and easy, this vibrant Cambodian-style Coconut Shrimp Soup with coconut milk, green beans, and tomatoes is perfect for a weeknight supper! Submerge the vermicelli pasta in the soup and allow to cook.
Light coconut milk adds subtle flavor to this spicy soup for two. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the strip of rind from the lime, but be careful. The Coconut Shrimp Soup recipe out of our category Shrimp! You can have Coconut shrimp soup using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut shrimp soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grape seed oil.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 3 cup of Carrots (9).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 115 grams of rice spaghetti.
- You need 2 lb of large raw peeled shrimp.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice (3 limes).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
Coconut shrimp is a shrimp dish prepared using shrimp and coconut as primary ingredients. It can be prepared as a crunchy dish with the shrimp coated and deep fried, pan-fried or baked, and as a sautéed dish using coconut milk and other ingredients. It can be prepared and served on skewers. Top Chef winner Harold Dieterle's feel-good Thai coconut soup is flavored with chiles, ginger and lemongrass, and garnished with plenty of shrimp.
Coconut shrimp soup instructions
- mince ginger and garlic.
- peal and grate carrotts.
- heat oil in large soup pot.
- add ginger, garlic and cayenne to pot.
- cook 1 minute.
- add carrots, coconut milk and water to pot.
- using fork mix cornstarch with little water then add to pot.
- bring to boil.
- add pasta broken in quarters to pot.
- simmer on low boil for 9 minutes.
- add shrimp and bring back to low boil.
- cook until shrimp is pink (around 5 min).
- remove from heat and add lime and salt.
Thai Coconut Chicken and Shrimp Soup – the best soup you'll ever make in your kitchen. This Thai soup is to-die-for, better than Thai takeout! Fall is finally here in Southern California. After eating a coconut soup at a Thai restaurant, I added coconut milk in my fish chowder recipe. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside.