Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup.
You can have Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup
- Prepare 1/2 head of Small to medium chopped green cabbage..
- Prepare 1 can of Low sodium diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 can of Tomato paste 6 oz. can.
- It’s 1 quart of Water, more or less depending upon you taste and preferred consistency..
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Lemon juice.
Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup instructions
- Place chopped cabbage in crock pot and start on high for an hour. Switch to low and cook cabbage until it shrinks down and wilts. Some water will accumulate on the bottom. Cabbage is voluminous so don't be afraid to pack it in to the top. Should take about 3 hours..
- After cabbage is sufficiently cooked down, add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and water..
- After cooking for at least an hour, add brown sugar and lemon juice..
- Let cook for at least 4 hours. Every so often, taste broth and add more brown sugar, lemon juice or water to adjust consistency and sweet and sour taste to your liking. Also cook long enough so cabbage is soft..