Recipe: Delicious Cabbage Roll Soup
Cabbage Roll Soup.
You can cook Cabbage Roll Soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Roll Soup
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of lg yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of lg carrots, chopped.
- You need 5 cups of packed chopped cabbage.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 (14.5 oz) of cans low sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 3 (8 oz) of cans tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 (14.5 oz) of cans petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of dried thyme or 2 1/2 tsp fresh.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3/4 cup of dry long-grain white rice.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/3 of chopped fresh parsley.
Cabbage Roll Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in lg cast iron pot over medium-high heat..
- Add beef, season with salt & pepper & cook, stirring & breaking up the beef occasionally, until browned. Transfer beef to a plate lined with paper towels while reserving 2 Tbsp of the rendered fat in pan, set beef aside..
- Add onion & carrots to pan & saute 2 minutes, add garlic & saute 1 minute longer..
- Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar, Worcestershire, paprika, oregano, thyme & bay leaves..
- Return beef to soup mixture..
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & bring to a light boil, then add rice, cover pot & reduce heat & simmer til rice is cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes..
- Stir in up to 1 cup of water to thin as desired (it will thicken as it rests & become almost like stew), then stir in lemon juice & parsley.
- Serve warm..