grandma's vegetable beef soup.
You can have grandma's vegetable beef soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of grandma's vegetable beef soup
- Prepare 4 of carrots.
- Prepare 4 of stalks celery.
- Prepare 1 small of cabbage.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 of turnips.
- It’s 2 lb of stew meat.
- It’s 2 pints of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 pints of corn.
- Prepare 1 pints of green beans.
- It’s 2/3 cup of pearl barley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of beef soup base.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of black pepper, ground.
grandma's vegetable beef soup instructions
- brown meat in the oil in a large stock pot..
- add chopped raw vegetables and sautee until tender. I use the pot lid and add as I chop. Then I can stir the pot well more often..
- add 3 quarts of water to the pots and bring to a boil. Add the soup base and tomatoes, seasonings. Simmer for an hour or more. 30 min. Before serving add barley and canned vegetables..
- Stir occasionally to keep from burning. Dish up and let set 10 min. Before eating. Goes well with sandwiches or just bread..
- pick out bay leaves before serving. this makes a wonderful comfort food for anyone ! I think of my grandma every time I make it ..