Easiest Way to Make Perfect spicy hot and sour soup
spicy hot and sour soup. I made this last night and it turned out fantastic! I was looking for a recipe that was as close to P. I couldn't find the wood ear mushrooms or lily buds so.
I've included lots of notes so you can tweak the recipe with the ingredients you have on hand, plus how to make this dish vegetarian. Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US. It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. You can cook spicy hot and sour soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of spicy hot and sour soup
- Prepare 8 cup of water.
- It’s 8 each of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 1/4 lb of shredded pork.
- You need 1 can of julliened bamboo shoots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage.
- It’s 8 oz of package baby portabella mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of hot chili pepper with seeds, diced finely.
- You need 8 oz of diced tofu or bean curd.
- It’s 3 of stalks green onion with tops finely chopped, reserved.
- You need 5 tbsp of white rice vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 3/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of lightly beaten eggs, reserved.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch mixed in a half cup water, reserved.
There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Hot and sour soup is a variety of soups from several Asian culinary traditions. In all cases, the soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour. Soup preparation may use chicken or pork broth, or may be meat-free.
spicy hot and sour soup instructions
- In large stock pot add the 8 cups of water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil until all bouillon cubes are dissolved..
- Add shredded pork, bamboo shoots, cabbage, mushrooms, hot chili peppers, and tofu..
- Boil 3-5 minutes, until mushrooms and cabbage are tender..
- Add white rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, dark soy sauce, salt, white and black pepper..
- Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken and remove from heat..
- Pour beaten eggs in a slow stream while constantly stirring in one direction..
- Allow to sit 1-2 minutes, then stir in green onions..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms. This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best!! It's quick and simple to make, easy to adapt to your personal Traditional hot and sour soup is actually incredibly easy to make as well.